Re: Click to rename...

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 14:09 -0800, Gene Ragan wrote:
> I was surprised to find that Nautilus doesn't support click to rename, and that both the space key
> and return/enter open up the container.  Thoughts on this?  It took a while to fine tune this on Finder,
> but it works pretty well with few accidental edit sessions.

Its an old UI decision that dates back to the time of eazel, or at least
darin. The general idea is that its very easy to accidentally rename
something when clicking around, and that is a data-loss because you
might not know that you renamed something or at least not know the
previous name.

I guess click to rename is more important on macs since they have only
one mouse button by default, so context menus are less commonly used.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish Republican rock star moving from town to town, helping folk in
trouble. She's a supernatural green-skinned snake charmer who can talk to
animals. They fight crime!