View by menu shortcuts...

Hello all,

My memory is hazy and since I have been out of the loop for a while, I am hoping to get some insight into an issue.

The View as Icons and View as List items do not have keyboard short-cuts assigned.  The ability to quickly switch
view styles is something that I found fairly indispensable while working on Finder.  Is there a UI decision as to why
there are no short-cuts?

In a similar vein, the Leopard Finder will have shortcuts assigned to the Arrange By... items. A similar thing could be
done to  Arrange Items.   It is pretty nice to quickly sort by Name, Type, etc. without making a trip to the menu.

Thanks!

Gene