Re: Add option to right click Menu

Or try nautilus-actions :) its in the repos

http://www.grumz.net/?q=taxonomy/term/2/9

On 11/29/06, Gene Ragan <diskzero mac com> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 28, 2006, at 05:27AM, "sayth" <fedora_core netspace net au> wrote:
>Hello
>
>I was looking for a kick in the right direction. I wanted to add the
>option to the right menu to copy to or Move to a file. Currently a
>similar feature is enabled in konqueror and I wanted to customize
>nautilus to include a similar feature.
>
>I thought if I veiwed the source for konqueror I may be able to adapt
>that to fit in Nautilus is this possible, where do I find the source for
>Nautilus ?
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Cheers
>
>SAyth
>
>--

You need to start by reading the developer section of the GNOME website and learn how to check out and build from CVS and get your environment set up for development.  It takes a bit of configuration.

What exactly do you mean by "Move To" or 'Copy To" a file?  I am assuming you don't mean
copy an entire file to the clipboard and then paste it into a new directory, as Nautilus supports that.

If you could explain it in better detail, that would help.  If it involves some type of file modification or truncation, I would like to hear some more.

I am not sure if looking at the Konqueror source would help out a lot.  You will find that Nautilus and K differ greatly.  It would be better to properly design your feature and then learn the Nautilus code in order to create it.

Gene