CD Burning Ease of use problem

Hi all,

A few problems have appeared guiding a user through writing to his
rewritable disks:

1) Inserting a Rewritable disc that has already been written to does
not do anything but load it as read only. there is no information as
to how to add information (without going to help or to the CD Creator
menu or typing in 'burn://') the problem here is that my user was
expecting the computer to come up with options like he got the first
time round and immediately thought the disc or the software were
broken; as a result of the disparity between the way the first burn
and subsequent burns work.

2) Formatting the disc gives a warning about information being lost
from the disc, I feared existing information would be lost even though
the nautilus burn manager had the existing files along side the new
files. it turns out the burner must copy the existing files to a
temporary directory before burning the whole lot back, either that or
it's good at accounting for existing files and simply added to the
disc. this is even when we pressed erase disc button. no mention of
this is made so my user felt that it was a bit misleading to warn you
about something which isn't going to happen after all.

I wanted to ask you guys first before I filed bug reports since bug
reports about cd-rws have a habit of being shot down.

Best Regards, Martin Owens