Re: nautiulus ignores umask

В Втр, 10/01/2006 в 19:06 +0100, Sergiy Kolesnikov пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to set up a "shared" directory for all local users of my
> desktop. No NFS or such. This appears to be problematic because
> nautiulus ignores the umask settings.
>
> My umask is 0002 and nautilus continue to use 0022.
>
> Is there any solution?

Well, I may be wrong, but probably your problem may be in the way you
are setting umask, or, more exactly that you set it incorrectly.

In Unix umask is process property, it usually inherited from parent
process and can be modified with umask system call. In usual setup,
nautilus and gnome-session are invoked directly from the gdm, bypassing
.bash_profile. So if you haven't set umask in .xinitrc, than nautilus
process will have default value.

Try the following:

1. start terminal
2. gnome-session-remove nautilus