Re: Invalid unicode bug as WONTFIX

Alberto Ruiz <arc <at> gulic.org> writes:
> I think that there are several reasons to patch this behaviour:
>
> - (invalid unicode) _is not_ part of the real name of the file,
> the user might think that this is the real name of his file so we're
> giving wrong information.

Seconded! I was *very* suprised as I renamed a bad file the first time and was
unable to launch it afterwards! I don't see how a non-techie should understand
what happend!

Plus the effort is big and annoying, if you have several files to rename. Maybe
it's hard for Dave to comprehend, since he lives in an english-speaking country.
But I have german as well as spanish files and thus this situation may happen
more often!

Rgds,
Daniel