Re: Temporarily open folders on drag-and-drop

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 11:07 -0800, Jason Day wrote:
> Let me add one more thing. The patent describes a method where the
> enclosures are "sprung open" temporarily and closed when the drag is
> complete. If you apply this to the spatial mode, it could be very
> questionable, especially if you close the intermediate windows,
> afterward. I don't think that it should be any trouble at all in
> browser mode, especially if you remain in the destination at the end
> of the drag.

This whole discussion come up every now and then. If I knew a first
thing about coding, I'd already have implemented for myself and shared
the code with friends.
I'd also think that the apple patent does not apply to what we call
spring open folders.
It's a _very_ handy feature and Gnome would gain a lot, as I agree. We
might want to be careful to place it outside of the US to start with and
see, if there's any action taken by Apple.

Hope this is the last time, this is being discussed and that finally we
get the spring open folders :)

David