Re: Temporarily open folders on drag-and-drop

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 19:31 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le samedi 31 d�mbre 2005 �6:22 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi a �it :
> > When I drag a file over a folder and wait a few
> > > seconds (or less) the folder should open in the same windows (browser
> > > mode, don't like spacial mode). And if we are not in a nautilus windows
> > > (desktop) a window should popup.
> >
> > This would most likely infringe Apple's patented "spring folder"
> > technology, so the most likely answer is: no, this can't be done.
>
> At least not in the US, but in Europe we still can. Maybe there should
> be a locale-dependent setting to enable it; or some add-on package.

The code implementing such a feature couldn't be hosted on the GNOME
servers, because all of them reside in the US.

If you want to code such an extension, you should put it on servers
located outside the US.

> After all I can easily and legally play mp3 in Totem. I should be able
> to spring-open my folders in Nautilus.

Legally, yes.  Easily, not so much.

The point would be writing something that is equally useful as the
spring folders, *without* infringing Apple's patent.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>