Re: Trash LocationWidgetProvider

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 17:00 -0700, Lakin Wecker wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I decided to try and get a feel for Nautilus and GObject by solving a
> small problem I had with the way the current trash works:
>
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~weckerl/nautilus_patch.html
>
> As this is my first go at a patch I expect where will be a lot of
> feedback and things for me to fix.

We're past the UI freeze for 2.14, so a patch like this needs
release-team approval. I'm not sure its really important enough to do
that. However the idea strikes me as good.

Some comments on the patch:

nautilus_trash_directory_bar_get/set_property are not needed since it
have no properties.

The sensitivity handling is a bit backwards, which is causing
unnecessary complexity. The directory bar should just catch the
"trash_state_changed" signal on nautilus_trash_monitor_get() instead of
the directory doing this. This means there is no need to keep track of
all live widgets in the directory.

Making NautilusTrashDirectory a plugin strikes me as a bit overkill. In
core internals like this we really don't need to use the extensions
mechanism like that. You can just add specific trash code to
update_for_new_location() in nautilus-window-manage-view.c like we do
for search folders.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an immortal overambitious dwarf who hangs with the wrong crowd. She's a
scantily clad foul-mouthed mercenary who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight
crime!