Re: [Patch] Interactive search (aka typeahead) enhancement patch
- From: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: "release-team gnome org" <release-team gnome org>, nautilus-list gnome org, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Interactive search (aka typeahead) enhancement patch
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:17:41 -0500
On 2/6/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 19:06 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > FYI, we got a lot of complaints for GtkFileChooser when typeahead
> > > matched strings in the middle of filenames, not just in the beginning.
> > > You may want to reconsider this :)
> > What exactly was the complaints?
> > Apart from the standard "you changed something, gnome sucks!".
> People assumed that typing the first few characters of a filename would
> make the file chooser jump to the first filename in the list that
> started with those characters. Instead, they would jump to a filename
> they didn't expect: type "re" and it jumps to "andrea.txt", instead of
> "resume.txt", which is what they expected.
Isn't the obviously correct behavior that it only jumps to andrea.txt
if re*.* does not exist?
] [Thread Prev