Re: two-panel nautilus view

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 22:24 +0100, Oliver Tobin wrote:
while using nautilus, i had the idea that a two-panel-view is useful for
copying or moving files and other things like this.
[snip]

I think the same functionality can be achieved just fine by opening two
separate Nautilus windows or..?

Actually, while that's true, there must be a reason for total commander beeing so popular in the windows world (and before that there was norton commander). My best guess is one window and better integration of functionality (copy between panes by the touch of a button instead of drag/drop).

There even is a gnome gnome application[*] that does this (albeit not maintained). Having this functionality in nautilus might be a good thing, but a standalone app would is good enough.

* http://www.nongnu.org/gcmd/

--
// Peter Lundqvist

My Tuchis, it's the source of all weather predictions,
lotto numbers and psychic predictions.