how to have transparent folder (item) descriptions or labels

Though I have used Nautilus long ago and have recently started using it
again, I cannot figure out how to make the descriptions of items
(folders specifically) transparent.

For example, placing a background in the folder, and then wanting to
make the sub folders' names not have a nasty and ugly color as their
background, but to instead have only text written on top of the
containing folder's background.  I would attach an image, however my
CentOS doesn't have an easy key for image capture like my Macbook did
(apple-shift-3|4), and now that it's stolen I am stuck using a dying
CentOS laptop. :(

Please help!  I did look through the help files, though there is no
search and there is no index function, something Winhelp had!  I did
search through all the threads of this mailing list for the phrase
"trans" and haven't found any subjects with the title transparent or
anything similar.  I tried Googling for "transparent folder nautilus"
and "gnome nautilus transp folder" and I tried visting (via
altavista.com), and though their results interested me more still no
information.

Any help is appreciated.