Re: Use Tango colors for background color in Nautilus

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 15:01 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Stupid idea: what about using Tango palette colors for background colors
> (Edit->Background and Emblems.. >> Colors tab) in Nautilus?
>
> Try to apply the attached patch then use this Nautilus feature. It seems
> better to me: you can choose 3 variants for each color, adding a new
> level of folders differentiation.
>
> Of course I'm not so sure that using the Tango palette as-is is the best
> choise. Jakub, any idea?

Hi Luca,

I'm not strongly opinionated about colors. The saturated Tango colors
are great for icons, but maybe not ideal for backgrounds. The greys are
helpful, but the other hues may be too strong for folder backgrounds.

I haven't tested this though, so it's very likely to work quite well.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>