Re: nautilus' focus policy

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:30 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 09:25 +0100, David Prieto wrote:
> > I have noticed a focus inconsistency in the way nautilus launches files:
> >
> > -If you launch a file, say an mp3, it opens in totem which gets the
> > focus. You can then automatically push left or right to scroll the
> > media, up or down to change the volume, and so on.
> >
> > -But if you launch another mp3 while totem is open, nautilus keeps the
> > focus. This is inconsistent in my opinion, nautilus should always keep
> > or give away focus, whether the application is open or not.
> >
> > Should I file a bug on this, or is it intended behaviour?
>
> Nautilus doesn't handle focus at all. Focus handling is done by the
> window manager.

There were discussion with regard to the same, about focus stealing and
sending password across to IM clients unknowingly.

One example,
start totem from gnome-terminal at it will not be in focus.
Start totem from menu, and it will be in focus.

This afaik, is a design decision.  Have a look at bugzilla, you should
be able to find this.

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
LinuX N Stuff