Error "not on the same filesystem" while deleting "filename..."

Hello, I'm getting a Nautilus filemanager error:

 Error "not on the same filesystem" while deleting "filename..." would you like to continue

Basically I'm moving a file from my Desktop to another directory on the file system.

This other directory is not in my home directory but I own it, its not NFS mounted and I have full permissions on it.

When I try the same with Konqueror or xfe it works fine so I'm baffled.

Anyone have any ideas.

 Thanks,

           Dave.