Re: [PATH] nautilus places sidebar

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 18:34 +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:

> Here is the reasons why I did this patch:
>
>  - Seems better to me having unmounted drives in the beginning, but it
> can be a mistake because its place change when it get mounted.

It seems very bad to have an icon move when you double-click to mount
it.

>  - The order depend only on the gnome_vfs_volume_compare() function for
> all volumes, without distinction if it have a drive or not. In the
> current code volumes that have a drive are above volumes without drive.
> Having a simple order is important to be sure all "places list"
> everywhere in the desktop are sorted the same way. For example nautilus
> and gtk *never* had the same order ! (do they use
> gnome_vfs_volume_compare ?)

Its not that hard to make the various places have the same order though.
I think its more important to not have the icons jump around as you use
them.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly guitar-strumming hairdresser haunted by an iconic dead
American confidante She's an artistic paranoid research scientist with a
birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight crime!