Blank DVD and CD/DVD Creator

Hi all,
can somebody tell me, how to disable any attempt of gnome or nautilus to manage blank dvd media? When my dvd burner (/dev/scd0) loads blank DVD+R, CD-ROM Disc (sic!) icon appears on desktop (CD/DVD Creator launcher when doubleclicked) and my command line programs cannot exclusive access to the device. Of course, I disabled all in Drives and Media Preferences (updated FC3, Gnome 2.8.0, build date 10/12/2004).