Re: Thumbnailers images always have a frame

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 09:08 +1200, Jason Taylor wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been working on a thumbnailer which will show a differnt
> thumbnail for a mimetype by extracting the icon from the source file.
>
> This works well, but the resulting image that is displayed in Nautilus
> always has a frame around it.
>
> Is there a way to
>       * Prevent the frame from being drawn for a specified mimetype
>       * Avoid triggering the frame by using a specific image
>         format/size ?
> If there is not could there possibly in the future be a way to supress
> the frame?
>
> ie an additional key
> /schemas/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/xxxxx xxxxxxxxx/suppress-frame
>
> Thanks for any help

If you generate a thumbnail with an alpha channel you should avoid
getting a frame.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed moralistic boxer who hides his scarred face behind a mask.
She's a provocative cigar-chomping barmaid with a knack for trouble. They
fight crime!