Re: bypass trash delete command

On Sam, 2005-10-29 at 14:09 +0200, Sven Jaborek wrote:
> i assume most of you have that bypass trash delete command activated in
> nautilus. It just happend to me that i deleted important data by
> accident because i was to improvident with my mouse. The delete and
> trash menu entry are one upon the other.
>
> I had this idea how one could improve the delete situation with bypass
> trash, what do you think about a chancel dialog that opens and gives you
> the chance to chancel that delete progress. It could have a auto-timeout
> with 2 or 3 seconds, and it could show the name of that file(s).

There already is an option "Ask before emptying the Trash or deleting
files" that does exactly what you describe besides the timeout and the
option is even enabled by default, AFAIK.

BTW: IMO a timeout would be a bad thing, that really shouldn't be used
in cases where you could loose data.

Regards,

Jürg
--