Re: Missing "Open with" submenu in popup menu

Il giorno ven, 21/10/2005 alle 00.25 +0200, Christian Neumair ha
scritto:
> Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2005, 15:38 +0200 schrieb Luca Ferretti:
> > It seems disappeared after the recent change in eel and nautilus to list
> > applications alphabetically.
> >
> > The default application menu entry is still available as well as the
> > list of registered applications for current MIME in Properties dialog.
> >
> > Example: SVG files
> >
> > Past
> > 	Open with EOG
> > 	Open with ---> Epiphany
> > 	               Firefox
> > 	               Inkscape
> > 	Open with other application...
> >
> > Now
> > 	Open with EOG
> > 	Open with other application...
>
> I cannot reproduce your problems. You may want to do some printf
> debugging magic inside
> libnautilus-private/nautilus-mime-actions.c:get_open_with_mime_applications.

As first stage of investigation I've applied attached changes.

Example: PO files

        ########### Nautilus - Open with ###########
        MIME type: text/x-gettext-translation
        Application 1: emacs
        Application 2: Text Editor
        Application 3: AbiWord Word Processor
        Application 4: OpenOffice.org Writer

        Only emacs in menu

Example2: PNG files

        ########### Nautilus - Open with ###########
        MIME type: image/png
        Application 1: gThumb Image Viewer
        Application 2: F-Spot
        Application 3: GNU Image Manipulation Program
        Application 4: Image Viewer

        Only EOG and gthumb in menu (why 2??)

Results: bug, if any, isn't here. On console are listed registered
applications, but only one (or two) are in menus. Further investigation
next days.

I'm writing this email to ask about a strange behavior: it seem that
Nautilus executes this function every 2~3 sec. when you select a file.
To see it apply this patch, and monitor .xsession-error changes (tail
-f), then select a file: above warning is repeated every 2~3 sec. until
you unselect the file.

Is it well behaving? Of course this could be needed due to nautilus
internals: if so, sorry for the noise.