Re: File transfert rate

 Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
> > I just would like to make you a proposal about the file transfer
> > progress dialog : display the rate speed information.
>
> How does that speed up the transfer itself? Isn't the onliest
> important/interesting information how long the process will most likely
> take?

Displaying an estimate of how long the process will take doesn't offer
clear information on how it's going.  It's true many people won't make
much out of the KB/sec number, and for them it makes the interface
noisier.  But anyone who transfers large files even now and then will
appreciate seeing the transfer rate to see how it's going.