Re: state of nautilus-media

Hi Alexander,

On 5/27/05, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 01:20 +0200, Christian Krause wrote:
> > Because even the main distributions have abandoned the nautilus-media
> > package it seems that nautilus-media is obsolete.

> I think your statement is about correct. The nautilus-media package was
> broken by the debonoboization of nautilus. In particular the removal of
> external views. The hope is that in the future we'll have other
> extension points, so that the features of nautilus-media that were
> removed can be added back.

Ok, thank you for this information. To avoid further misunderstandings
(should it be translated, or not (as Abel asked), should packagers
take care of it, ...) it would be really useful to remove the package
from the official gnome distribution (at least from any upcoming
releases).

Who is responsible for the releases or who decide, what is in or out
the release? I would like to send them an email and ask him to remove
this package by pointing him to this thread.

Best regards,
Christian