Re: RFC: On-line Content Filtering of directories

Dnia 03-05-2005, wto o godzinie 10:23 +0200, Xavier Bestel napisał:
> > > I refuse to let the bizzare interface of some ancient editor affect the
> > > design of a modern desktop (and I'm a emacs user). C-g is "find next
> > > match" in most modern UIs, end of story.
> >
> > Eww, c'mon. I won't continue on that, however I fail to see how "C-g as
> > next match" is any more modern than "C-g is cancel".
>
> Maybe what he means is that "ESC as cancel" (and more generally the HIG)
> is more modern than "C-g as cancel" (and more generally emacs' "user
> interface").

That doesn't mean however that we can't try to avoid choosing the exact
keybinding you use to cancel incremental search in Emacs, from which is
the feature primarly stolen, after all :). On a side note, ESC works
somewhat differently than C-g, I'd like to see ESC working as global
"drop everything on the floor" binding, but it doesn't (for example, old
"ESC doesn't cancel dialogues" thing).

Hmm, I shall stop spamming people's boxes with my rants now :)

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>