Re: CD burner burns bad CDs

Marc O'Morain wrote:

Hi Steven,

Are you sure that the disks that you are burning to are big enough to
hold the file?

Best Regards,

Marc O'Morain

On 5/3/05, Steven Pasternak <stevenp500 bellsouth net> wrote:
Hi! I use Mandrake 10.1, gnome 2.10.0, and cdrecord-dvd (patched by
mandrake) 2.01. I downloaded the Mandriva 2005LE cds, and used nautilus
to burn them. It says that they were fine, but the very end of large cds
(about 700 mb) are bad.When copying them, it is 9x %, when it fails.
Md5sum checks fail at 9x %, too. The actual files that are reported as
bad are the ones that I suspect are burned last, like xorg and xine rpms
for example. K3B does it to, so I am wondering if it is nautilus
cd-burner, cdrecord, the media, 2.6 kernel, or the hardware. Thanks!