Re: Progress dialogs patch

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 16:36 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Great! Are you planning to change the label in the progress widget from,
> in example:
>
>         Copying file: %d of %d (%time Remaining)

>         (%d+1) of %d files copied, about %time hours/minutes/seconds
>         left
>
> Unfortunately this change could be not so trivial :-(

I agree that it would be easier to parse, especially a simplified time
remaining.

> PS Why "Remaining" is uppercase ?

Good question. We probably should consistently use either header caps
(and cap "file" too) or sentence caps (and uncap "Remaining"). It made a
bit of sense when the remaining string was the only text in the progress
bar.

> PPS What do you think to use "Source/Destination" instead "From/To"?

Doesn't From/To better fit in with the "simplicity" theme of gnome than
the more technical Source/Destination?
But I'm not native speaker enough to comment on that I guess.

Martin