Re: Progress dialogs patch

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:33:09 +0100, Sebastien Estienne
<sebastien estienne gmail com> wrote:
> I think we could have something new:
> When we start a copying/moving/deleting task, a little icon would
> appear in the tray bar, a small pop up (like msn pop ups for new
> message) would say that the tasked started ok, and then disappear till
> the task is finished, a another popup would come to say that it works
> ok or failed.
>
> We could access and see/cancel the status of current task by clicking
> on the icon in the tray bar.
>
> what do you think of this idea?

I think that it would be even cooler to combine it with emblems: Mark
the unfinished destination files with an emblem that informs the user
of the current status, a small per-file progress meter, percentage,
ETA or something. And the tray icon could hold a list of all
copying/downloads currently in progress.

/ magnus