Re: Force Nautilus to refresh wallpaper - or Nautilus compatible changer?

В Вск, 20/03/2005 в 09:57 -0500, Paul Coene пишет:
> Hello all,
>
> Since Nautilus seems to keep a canvas up over the actually background
> window, I believe from experimentation that the only way I'm going to
> change my background picture (wallpaper) is via Nautilus....  If that
> isn't true for folks running Gnome and Nautilus, correct me, but I've
> found all changes to the base background (X windows) pointless, as the
> Nautilus window manager hides it with its canvas.
>
> That said, is there any way to poke nautilus, to get it to re-read the
> file currently in use for wallpaper?  If so, I can change the contents
> of that file, and poke nautilus to refresh.  I tried sending nautilus a
> HUP signal, which worked, but also did more drastic things.
>
> Short of that, is they any other way to get nautilus to change its
> wallpaper programmatically, without pulling up the GUI?

You can use something like this

#include <gconf.h>

gconf_client_unset (client, "desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename",
NULL);
gconf_client_set_string (client,
"desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename", filename, NULL);

Of from shell
gconftool-2 --unset desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
gconftool-2 --set desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename $filename

Note that first you should unset gconf key and then set it again,
otherwise, if
filename won't change, the picture won't be reloaded. But if filename
changes, you can just set key to right value.