replacing audio.png with audio.svg

I have my desktop set to 1600x1200. Which is a pretty high resolution.
I have my icons zoomed in to 200% by defualt in icon view. When I
mouse over audio files to hear a preview and I see the audio.png file
(the speech bubble with the blue note) it gets scaled up a LOT. The
original is 26x24px. I have made an SVG replacement in inkscape that I
would like to use so that when I mouse over audio files I don't see
the nasty pixelation. Unfortunetly I don't know how or if it is even
possible to replace audio.png with an audio.svg file.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Corey