Re: Nautilus directions and plans...

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
Is there anything as a roadmap/.plan for Nautilus? It seems to me that
there are lots of small undirected development efforts that never really
catch on, going on in the would-be contributor world. With more guidance
these efforts might start converging into something bigger.

"Look in Bugzilla" would be the fast answer to this, but people (like
me) who are not 100% adapt walking the GNOME jungle, easily spend
countless hours browsing the lists, never knowing what is a small fix,
and what requires major intervention (what is important, and do the
maintainers even want this fixed?). Thus losing motivation pretty
quickly.

If 5-10 ten bugs where singled out by the maintainer team and a handful
of features/changes/enhancements/ideas also concocted by the maintainers
(perhaps with input from other GNOME projects) together with a long-term
goal, where maintained somewhere, it might catalyst the hacking desires
of would-be contributors.

To make sure people where not looking at deprecated version of this file
it might only live in CVS or on the Nautilus homepage.

Actually the above applies to any of the bigger GNOME components.

I think it would be ideal to list the bugs Mikkel is talking about on the gnome wiki i.e. live.gnome.org

GtkFileChooser has already something like that
http://live.gnome.org/GtkFileChooser?action=highlight&value=gtkfilechooser

Jaap