Re: feature request!

smurfd wrote:
Hi! I just thought of one thing that would be very handy to have in Nautilus.
A usage of gksu or similar to be able to achive root rights, when say
getting access denied when trying to access/delete a file/folder.
(specially delete)

Yeah, I was thinking about this same issue this week.

Here's a screenshot of the dialog that the Mac OS X Finder shows if you try to copy a file into a folder to which you do not have write-permissions:

http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/gnome/osx-finder-auth.png

I'm not sure about the wording, but it's great that it provides you an option (not the default, notably) to authenticate to complete the action (rather than having the start again via the command line).

I'd love to see this in Nautilus.

Cheers,
Steven Garrity