Re: [PATCH] Allow to use move/copy/link operations on open folder (was: Re: [Usability] Interacting with open folders)
- From: Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>
- To: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow to use move/copy/link operations on open folder (was: Re: [Usability] Interacting with open folders)
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:50:23 +0100
Il giorno gio, 10-02-2005 alle 20:11 +0100, Christian Neumair ha
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2005, 18:40 +0000 schrieb John Spray:
> > On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 18:09 +0100, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > > > b Use menu in statusbar on the left as drag handle
> > >
> > > not discoverable.
> > I think that this is arguably as discoverable as dragging any file in
> > the window: when not expanded the bottom-left menu is just a folder icon
> > with the name next to it. I say this because I attempted to 'discover'
> > precisely this feature when it wasn't there: I tried dragging that menu
> > and was disappointed when it didn't do anything.
> After applying this patch, you should be able to drag any focused
> folder's spatial window through it's location button located on the
> bottom left of the window. It will allow you to move, copy or link the
> dragged folder to any other folder, including the trash.
GREAT! This makes Nautilus really spatial. And it simply works!! Thanks.
Just 2 notes:
* Could you add a tooltip to location button? Something like
"Click to open parent folders, drag to move/copy/link this
* It is a new feature, isn't it? Do you have to ask to release
team fr approval?
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>
] [Thread Prev