Nautilus FTP errors

Hi all,

Using Connect to server...->FTP (with Login), I frequently get
failures when connecting to a remote directory.  The error message
shown is:

The folder contents could not be displayed.  Sorry, couldn't display
all the contents of ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

The problem is, I am able connect to the same server using gFTP, ncftp
or from Filezilla in Windows.  I get a similarly opaque message when,
after a connection is established, I am unable to copy from local to
remote.  In this case also, I am able to put files using external
clients.

Is there a way to get Nautilus to display more detailed error information?

Thanks,

Todd