Re: Advanced Permissions

Am Samstag, den 20.08.2005, 12:36 -0400 schrieb Chris Spencer:
> I (...) was surprised when (Nautilus) began  (...) locking me out of\
> certain folders (...). I attempted to access the directory with Konqueror,
> and quickly discovered  the folder was using "Advanced Permissions".

ACLs are not yet implemented. It's a shame! We should definitly have it
for 2.14. Things to consider:

* we need gnome-vfs API in the background before adding an UI
   CCing Christian Kellner.
   Christian: Is there any plan of action for adding this to GnomeVFS
2.14?

* how should the UI look?
   a) add an additional tab to the property pages
   b) replace the permission table

My idea would be to keep around an ACL listview that contains User,
Read, Write and Execute columns. Each row represents an ACL entry. Rows
can of course only be modified based if your access rights are
sufficient.

If we implement b), the list view would have three rows by default:
Owner, Owner's Group, Other, which can of course not be removed.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>