remote thumbnailing: authentication issues
- From: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- To: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: remote thumbnailing: authentication issues
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:46:10 +0200
When thumbnailing remote files that are accessed through a ssh
connection, nautilus passes the file URIs
("ssh://foo bar org/foobar/foo.pdf") to the thumbnailers. The resulting
problem is that thumbnailing requires authentication through the keyring
mechanism, since the thumbnailer is considered a new application, or -
if the thumbnailer doesn't init the gnome authentication manager - the
file isn't thumbnailed at all.
This does not affect image thumbnails, since they're generated
in-process (cf. libnautlius-private/nautilus-thumbnails.[ch]).
- add gnome_authentication_manager to all thumbnailers
- thumbnailing will work
- the user is asked for a password for "evince-thumbnailer",
- use some internal plugin mechanism
- tell the authentication manager to consider the thumbnailers child
- does this work at all?
- will the thumbnailer consider child process as belonging to the
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
] [Thread Prev