Re: Better looking thumbnails

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 09:49 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> This was just an idea I had the other day. I would submit a request
> against bugzilla, but I don't know what module to file that
> against...thumbs for movies get generated by Totem, but what about
> images. Is it handled by Nautilus or gThumb, EOG?
>
> Since I'm generating noise anyway, I might aswell sell my idea on the
> mailing list.
> Just some eyecandy to make thumbnails for images feel a bit lighter and
> more pleasant for the eye to rest on.
> Just a border like good looking photos have and 1px extra shadow.
>
> This is what thumbnails currently look like (in 2.8)
> http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/currentthumbs.png
> This is my mockup: http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/eyecandythumbs.png
>
> I will provide nessesary graphics if it is needed.

That looks pretty nice. It uses more space though, but that is probably
ok. It looks especially cool on photos (as its made to look like a paper
photo), I wonder if it looks as good on other types of images?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a leather-clad day-dreaming vagrant on the hunt for the last specimen of
a great and near-mythical creature. She's a manipulative impetuous magician's
assistant on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!