Re: Fwd: Spatial Mode Window Cluttering and Possible Solutions

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 14:36 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> I do think that after four levels of directories it is better to use
> the browser. The point everybody seems to miss is that you shouldn't
> even try to use (on a regular basis) the spatial mode for deep
> hierarchies. It "just doesn't work". All the hacks to gear it towards
> working is usually gearing it back to the browser mode, which
> obviously is stupid.
That's exactly what I have written in my first mail:
"If you need to browse more "complicated" tree, the browse mode would be
far better. I use the browse mode only as I have really big directory
tree. In what aspect is the spatial mode better (needed) for you? If it
is not, just use the browse mode."

Regards,

Olaf