Re: Rethinking emblems

On Tue, 2005-05-04 at 10:04 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 09:45 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Le mardi 05 avril 2005 �9:39 +0200, Alexander Larsson a �it :
> >
> > > I think the emblem + watermark duo works best where it has additional
> > > semantic value. Essentially where you have manually said that this
> > > folder (and below it) is meant for some specific purpose (say, a
> > > project, or whatever). Using it for auto-generated information is more
> > > likely to just clutter stuff up.
> >
> > You may stick several emblems together on a single file. How does that
> > translate for watermarks ?
>
> I dunno. It might work by having multiple watermarks next to each other,
> but that might look strange.
>
> Another thing would be to separate "plain" emblems from emblem with a
> watermark, and only allow one of the later for a directory.

If the icons were SVG or with using some erstwhile Cairo magic, you
could overlay the watermark and fade into them. Maybe like

foreach emblem
	water_down_color (emblem)
	gradient (emblem, down, transparent)
	move (down)
	group (emblems, emblem)

scale (emblems, the_right_size)

Alternatively, just choose the first watermark. :)

Cheers,
Ryan