Re: DragNDrop to an unopened folder (without springs) and a nice accessibility side-effect

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:59 +0100, bryan cole wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:11:55 +0900, Ryan McDougall wrote:
>

> > There is a nice solution in MacOSX where a folder opens if you hover over
> > it, however such a method may be patented.
>
> I've been wondering about this. Another solution (it seems to me) would
> be, during a drag operation to use the opposite mouse button to open any
> folder under the mouse pointer. This has the advantage of not requiring a
> "wait/hover" period before the folder is opened, making it really fast to
> place objects down in the folder-hierarchy.
>
> Is this covered by the Apple patent? I would have thought this method is
> impossible on a Mac, having only a single mouse button.
>
> I would have thought anything which requires an enforced pause in work (to
> wait for a folder to open) will soon annoy users.

Hmmm. This is actually an interesting idea, I'll try to look into the
patent details.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a Nobel prize-winning Republican dwarf with a robot buddy named Sparky.
She's a warm-hearted blonde safe cracker with a flame-thrower. They fight
crime!