Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:20:08 +0200
Christian Schneider <c schneider scram de> wrote:

> The idea of implementing it generally for gnome is interesting but
> what would be the other uses of the clipboard besides holding files?
> Hmm when I think about it the clipboard could also hold copied text
> and images. The text could be displayed as a text file. Images are
> like files anyway.

Such a clipboard was proposed by Paul on gnomedesktop.org, have a look
at his site, very interesting ...
http://www.student.livjm.ac.uk/cmsphend/gnome/scoop.html

> The clipboard would also be a nice alternative to saving files. You
> could simply have a button in the application that says save to
> clipboard. The file would appear in the clipboard and could be dragged
> to the destination folder. This should be quite intuitive.

I thought of this in connection with scoop, see thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.desktop/19968

I also wrote Paul, which is/was in conntact with Nat Friedman, they seem
to prefer the idea of an Automanager (again see Pauls site)

Daniel