Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

> 1)
> We provide a way of moving the window under the mouse to the top or the
> bottom. What about using the right mouse key for this. So a drag would
> work in the following way:
>
> Start drag with holding left mouse button on the source file. Then you
> can click the right mouse button to move the source window to the bottom
> of the window stack. So you get a full view of the target window. In the
> same way you could use the right mouse button to bring the target window
> up if you see at least a part of it.

Combine this with the window list idea of Nathaniel... right click
enables the list (which should include desktop btw) instead of moving
the window down... thinking about it. Maybe if you could just drop a
file directly onto a nautilus window in the window list that would make
sense and serve the same purpose. it would also be more convinient for
other programs if you didn't have to wait until they pop up after a
while of hovering above the button.

> 2)
> We provide a kind of a visual clipboard. When you start the drag the
> clipboard appears at the right bottom of the screen. You can then drag
> the file to the clipboard and drop it there. Then you bring the target
> folder up and drag the file from the clipboard to the target folder.
>
> What do you guys think about these suggestions. I think they could even
> both be implemented. If you want I can also draw some mockups.

well, ctrl+x ctrl+v is essentially the same and quite a bit faster.

David