Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

On Do, 2004-09-30 at 22:16 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:59:50 +0200, David Christian Berg
> <david sipsolutions net> wrote:
> > >yeah, if there are only 2 windows, but there might be 3, 4, 5 etc. a
> > >way of providing all windows to be dragged to would be a more
> > >comprehensive solution.
> >
> > Frankly I don't agree! If you don't see the windows, the tasklist in the
> > panel provides the possibility to bring forward an invisible window.
> > That is consistent with the bahavior of applications and what I very
> > much expect.
>
> I have used gnome for a long time now without the tasklist (I use the
> dropdown to find "missing" windows) and so that solution doesn't work
> for me. For now I have tried to remember always "set up" (ie. bring
> the target window up) the d&d before I start it, but it's not nice.
>
> Some (additional) solution would be most welcome here.

But maybe that means that you should be able to select the windows via
the drop down list, doesn't it? Hover above the icon, open the list,
hover above a window, the window will come up a front an there you go.
I know that is not quite the fastest, but rearanging the windows once
one starts dragging a file, seems very, very inintuitive to me, and I'm
sure I will find it quite annoying.

David