Re: Usability problem, and solution proposal

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:59:50 +0200, David Christian Berg
<david sipsolutions net> wrote:
> >yeah, if there are only 2 windows, but there might be 3, 4, 5 etc. a
> >way of providing all windows to be dragged to would be a more
> >comprehensive solution.
>
> Frankly I don't agree! If you don't see the windows, the tasklist in the
> panel provides the possibility to bring forward an invisible window.
> That is consistent with the bahavior of applications and what I very
> much expect.

I have used gnome for a long time now without the tasklist (I use the
dropdown to find "missing" windows) and so that solution doesn't work
for me. For now I have tried to remember always "set up" (ie. bring
the target window up) the d&d before I start it, but it's not nice.

Some (additional) solution would be most welcome here.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi