Re: Modified nautilus
- From: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- To: Simon <spointm free fr>
- Cc: "nautilus-list gnome org" <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Modified nautilus
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:16:59 +0100
On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 22:06 +0200, Simon wrote:
> There are some modifications I'd like to do in nautilus.
> but if I tweak the source code, I'll probably do somes mistakes which
> could crash my system. So how can I compile and test my version of
> nautilus whithout crashing my working installation of gnome ?
> Thanks for support
> Simon MANLAY
> SOLINTECH, serveurs linux
Once you download the CVS version make a copy of that in another
directory for backup. If you crash nautilus you can always re-make the
Alternatively use a different path/prefix when you do "make install" and
add that path to your environment ahead of the other paths. In theory,
to restore original Nautilus you just have to remove that path but I
would prefer the above solution to be on the safe side.
] [Thread Prev