Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org>
- Cc: Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]
- Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:09:05 +0100
On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:26 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Hongli Lai wrote:
> > 3. libgnomesu adds a context menu to Nautilus, which makes it possible to
> > open a folder as root, so you can edit other users' files or system files.
> Since the default folder context menu in Nautilus already has more than
> the HIG recommended maximum number of items, and this feature is not
> something that is useful in the "common case", I request the extra
> context menu item (I think you meant to say item?) is disabled by
Not only does it have a lot, we've removed (sometimes useful) stuff from
it already trying to get it to a useful size. Please be very very very
cautious in adding items to the menu that are not just for some specific
type of file.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced skateboarding astronaut plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a man-hating cat-loving widow with a song in her heart
and a spring in her step. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev