Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:26 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Hongli Lai wrote:
> > 3. libgnomesu adds a context menu to Nautilus, which makes it possible to
> > open a folder as root, so you can edit other users' files or system files.
> Since the default folder context menu in Nautilus already has more than
> the HIG recommended maximum number of items, and this feature is not
> something that is useful in the "common case", I request the extra
> context menu item (I think you meant to say item?) is disabled by
> default.

Not only does it have a lot, we've removed (sometimes useful) stuff from
it already trying to get it to a useful size. Please be very very very
cautious in adding items to the menu that are not just for some specific
type of file.

He's a scarfaced skateboarding astronaut plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a man-hating cat-loving widow with a song in her heart
and a spring in her step. They fight crime!