RE: PROPONSAL : nautilus-sendto

El lun, 15-11-2004 a las 02:27 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru escribió:
This is nice addition, but please don't place things on the default context
menu of Nautilus. In fact, I find this to be a huge Nautilus design problem
having apps putting stuff in there and altering the default menu. We have
Windows Explorer shell extension that does it wrong and lets third-party
apps bloat its menu beyond belief, there is no reason for Nautilus to do the
same mistake.

IMHO this addition is absolutly necesary . And this component it's very versatile ... you will can send file by email, IM, bluetooth .....

Instead, I would like to see Nautilus evolve its scripting/addon system and
have apps putting their add-ons there, as a sub-menu on the context menu,
instead of the root menu.

Besides, currently there is no easy way to remove these menu addons, which
makes things even worse  (see: the terrible Seahorse situation which puts 4
new items in the root context menu of Nautilus by default).

Only 2 in my seahorse version :)

Cheers
Roberto

Rgds,