View Gnumeric vs Opening

SuSE 9.1, Gnome 2.4, Nautilus 2.4.2

When I click on most application file icons, the application is executed
and the file is loaded into the application, just as I would expect.
However, when I click on a Gnumeric file icon, I get the file opened
(for viewing only) in another Nautilus window. I've tried to find a
place to set an option or something but I can't find any. Does anyone
know how to make Nautilus open a Gnumeric file rather than just viewing
it? Should I submit a bug? Any advice/assistance will be appreciated.

Don Henson