Annoying flicker during directory loading

Hello,

When I open a folder that was closed with the scroller of the scroll bar
at the bottom of scroll bar, Nautilus draws the window's content
assuming the scroller is at the top, and then, after all icons are
drawn, it moves the scroller to the position it had when the window was
closed (the scroller actually "jumps" from the top to the previous
position, and the window's content also gives the impression of a
"jump")

This re-layout causes an annoying "flicker" that gives a sense of slowness.

In addition to this, Nautilus seems to be drawing the window's contents
while the directory is being loaded. This seems like this issue that
Ettore Perazzoli brought up:

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2003-September/msg00350.html

This apparently was committed but I get the impression that the behavior
is back. Is this the case?

The question is: is it technically possible to delay drawing the
window's contents, including the scroll bar, until the entire directory
has being loaded? Wouldn't this provide a smoother interface?

Cheers!

Eloy.-