Re: idea to end browser and spatial problems

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

As Jim said earlier, I think it's really a question of how we use our
desktops here.  Do we browse or do we do something else.  I don't browse
because the way I set up my desktop is very organized into particular
well defined chunks.

As should be the case on every desktop. Spacial nautilus teaches to organize, browser nautilus teaches not to care since you can drill down stupid meaningless hierarchies (supposedly) fast. Supposedly because although you are moving fast in the hierarchy, the act of moving in the
hierarchy is probably not what you should be doing...

So organize your desktop, don't use too many subfolders and be happy with spacial nautilus!
Or, set the gconf key and have fun drilling down hierarchies all day long.

Seriously, in spacial mode you can see up to three levels of the hirearchy from one window, the title (the folder), the contents and the parent button (not sure about this and unable to check).
How much more do you need?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi