Bookmarks (Re: idea to end browser and spatial problems)

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 05:07:54PM -0700, George Farris wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 09:35, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> > Well, a bookmarking system would probably be better here.  I usually
> > work around it by adding launchers to take me to common places.
> > Maybe adding a "Places" menu where one could add the bookmarks might be
> > appropriate.
> >

> I also have been using spacial for a while testing it out and agree that
> a bookmark system would be a fabulous addition, because, sometimes you
> just have to drill down into a directory but don't want all those icons
> on your desktop.  Most times the icons are also covered with windows and
> it makes it a pain to navigate.

Taking the window is the folder concept serious, Places/Bookmarks don't
have a place in spatial Nautilus. There should only be stuff that directly
relates to the folder.
So I think Places should be moved to the panel. And allowing custom
Bookmarks next to the fixed ones (Places) would for sure be nice.

---
Thorsten Wilms