RE: spatial/browser preference

Sigh, emacs for "go forward a word and then go to the next line" is evo
for "send this mail right now.

I would guess that:

* Switching the default mode is going to be a once-by-many operation
 (not a *majority*, but it won't be rare :))

* Switching from spatial to browser will be a common-by-few operation
 this use case could probably be handled by the current "Browse
  Folder" menu item, but it might be worth adding a "Browse Here"
  item.

* Switching from browser to spatial will be a rare-by-few operation.
  it might be worth doing, but I don't think so.

So I think that a global preference plus "browse here" is probably
a better solution than a window-morphing thing (particularly since
window-morphing is not very common in gnome at all, with evo being
the only example I can think of offhand).

-dave